 |
| Chive flowers |
I started this blog in the middle of May 2011 and have written 192 posts since then. Out of curiosity I checked out the statistics to see what was the most popular post and
The Last Rose of Summer came out on top with 35 pageviews. I find it intriguing why one post should attract more attention than another, when to my mind, they are of equal interest. Is it the title that draws a viewer initially or something they can associate with or maybe it's the pictures. The best month for pageviews was August when they totalled 1,629, a month when I would have thought people would either have been on holiday or too busy in their gardens to sit at a computer reading blogs.
 |
| Clematis |
The other noticeable point is that not many people view the pages - I have to admit I don't do this myself very often - so I have to ask, is it worth adding information in the form of separate pages, except perhaps for your own use e.g. to make a list of plantings for reference purposes or when you sowed seed etc.
 |
| Opium poppies |
I am not sure how useful it is to check on the statistics unless you can make use of the information to improve your posts, but I am not sure how I would go about doing that without changing the nature of the blog.
 |
| Purple Sensation Allium |
I do feel I have improved my blogging technique, or should I say, the way I put a post together, since I started eight months ago - but when I look at the more popular blogs - I feel I still have a long way to go - no matter, I write about my garden because I enjoy doing it, regardless of how many pageviews.
 |
| Regal Pelargonium |
So, what conclusions have I drawn from the aforementioned statistics - not a lot really. But, as long as I feel that I am sharing the joy I get from gardening with others, then that's alright with me.
0 Yorumlar