Shakespeare had it right, (not Hamlet, never could stand that whiny character!), dreams are scary.
I'm a vivid dreamer. Always have been. My parents took me to a few doctors when I was young because they were so concerned about my nightmares. I used to scare the daylights out of my mom when I'd tell her my dreams. One night, when I was about 5, I relayed a dream that had her too scared to put her feet on the floor and go back to her room. I still remember that dream.
The doctors said I just had a vivid imagination.
No kidding.
No one in my family or extended family/friends dreams as vividly or as frequently as I do. I've become extremely skilled at pushing away the dreams when I wake up so that I can function throughout the day and not remain stuck in the nightmares and emotions (they can be overwhelming and sometimes debilitating).
Most family members and friends dream rarely and aren't troubled by dreams. Makes me curious.
Are people who are invested in fiction (readers and writers) more likely to dream and/or dream vividly?
So, do you dream a lot? Do you remember your dreams? Do you have nightmares?
Anyone else still able to quote most of that soliloquy?
Curious minds want to know.

0 Yorumlar