Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Bits and Bobs Baby Blanket...............


Sorry I have not been visiting lately I have a severe case of granny square-itis.  I cannot stop making these squares.  Actually 25 were made in just 3 days.  I am in love with this blanket so far.  It reminds me of a quilt made with extra bits of fabric.  I am obsessed.  I talk to Little Buddy while making a square.  I watch TV or read the paper while making a square.  I even made a square while Little B was in the tub last night.


My original thought was to have a gray background.  When I looked at the Berroco Modern Cotton, bought for this purpose, it just was not right.  The yarn is twisted a different way.  My old, old Berroco Pure Pima has a distinct shape, it is crisp, not puffy.  I have almost run out of my old Berroco stash and the blanket is far from being done.  Of course I have had these bits of yarn forever so there is no way to track down more of this discontinued yarn.  I did my internet search this morning.  I used these bits and bobs to make this flower shawl, way back in 2011.


After some research I think my best bet as a substitute is Plymouth Yarn, Cleo.  It  is a nice yarn that will make a great background.  I ordered the color that looks like sand.  With the warmer tones of the orange and yellow I have to go in this direction, gray just won't cut it.  I am completely impatient for the new yarn to arrive.  I want this blanket done right this second.  


Someone is back to his old self again.  There are a few coughs here and there, but he is on the mend.  He is supporting his Badger aunts and cousins by wearing this shirt today,  The badgers beat #1 ranked Villanova yesterday.  March Madness continues full force in my house.

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar