Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Wow... 100 posts!

What was I doing yesterday afternoon?
Slicing these...


To get these... (I was going for the artistic approach here!)


Ending up with a pan full of this...


Which I boiled up like this...


To make several jars ...


Of this!


I'm not at all sure why I make marmalade because I'm the only person in my house that eats it. Can you believe I'm married to a man from Dundee who hadn't even tasted marmalade until he met me! So I usually end up giving most of it away. But still every year I cannot resist buying the Seville Oranges and making another batch of marmalade. I think it must have something to do with their limited availability so I always buy some because I'm worried I'll miss out! I got this bowlful from our local farm shop a couple of weeks ago so thought I'd better get something done with them before they shrivelled up.

I've also resurrected this from the bottom of a cupboard and have been having fun discovering rag rugging... but I'll tell you more about this tomorrow...



Was there anything else... oh yes... I'm 100! Well not me personally you understand but this is my 100th post. Quite unbelievable that I've got this far and can still find stuff to ramble on about! So to celebrate and to say thank you to everyone who takes the time to read my rambling... a giveaway! I've made a clutch bag from the fabrics that I mentioned yesterday. A simple folded bag in brown/purple shot silk.



With a woven ribbon trim on the reverse.


And some non fattening cakes hidden inside.




This photo was taken in the sunlight which shows the way the silk is shot through with purple.



So, if this takes your fancy, please leave a comment by Sunday evening (2nd February) and I will put all names in a hat and draw out a winner on Monday morning. I'm sure there will be some other little goodies finding their way inside the bag too.
* * *
I thought I'd finish with a couple more shots of Joe on his travels. The boys are now in New Zealand and judging by the hundreds of photos on Facebook they are having a brilliant time.


I'm not sure who he was trying to kid here but the laughter from his friends rather gives the game away!



This is more like it Joe!

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar