Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Would you Adam and Eve* it? A Suesday, a book fair and a whole heap of goodies and stuff!

*Adam and Eve it = Cockney rhyming slang for believe it.

The world is my oyster, I now have control of the car. Woohoo! Joe started his new job this week and he now has a company vehicle. 
Joe leaving for work Monday morning.

All is going well so far, he's had a call out this afternoon so is going to be late home, which is fine, I've a large pan of pumpkin soup on(home grown of course!), some cheeses warming, a fresh bought bread and two bottles of Pinot Noir are all ready and awaiting his return. The weather has changed this week, we went to be in one season and woke up in another. I haven't succumbed to lighting a fire or turning on the heat pumps yet but the lap quilts have come out.

Before I share todays Shenanigans I should show you some recent op shop finds, I've managed to squeeze in a few shops on my travels, not a huge haul, there doesn't seem to be much around and bearing in mind that I haven't been op shopping much recently the same old shite is still in the shops!
But they have plenty of books, because I clearly don't have enough...

 Some burlap. There was a moment in the shop when I was looking at books(funny that!) that I realised the two yellow rolls were not in my basket! I had put it on the floor


And then wait for it, today a Suesday...rare as hens teeth they are!
And to add to the excitement the Rotary club was having a book sale at the racecourse!
Woohoo! See above comment about not having enough books!



One of the books was from and op shop but can't remember which one, not that it matters much really. What matters is that I've had to secrete the piles of books so Joe doesn't notice that I have clearly lost my mind! well how else am I to complete my Goodreads challenge of 52 book in a year. I am on track with that by the way and I'm actually one book ahead of schedule! I need to update on those I've remembered.
Other things found today..

A boot thingie, Sue had to tell me what it was.

 In Frankton there is an Indian clothes shop, both Sue and I had assume, wrongly, that they only did saris, but no! they don't, we were just about drooling at the lovely garments they had in there.
On some racks prices were $20 or 3 items for $50.
I went for the latter....of course I did..
Two gorgeous tops and one dress.



And that's it for today. I have some crafty stuff to show but I'll come back to that another day.
We've just had a spicy pumpkin soup with coconut cream, cranberry and walnut bread and some VNO pinot noir. Joe's about to bring up a cheese board with the rest of the bottle and a second bottle (cos ya never know if you'll need another) of Stoneleigh Pinot Noir.
Enjoy your weekend folks, I think we're at a game of rugby tomorrow, Michael's got a game and I need to check out my new super dooper zoom lens.

I would like to wish my niece Zoe in the UK a very happy 18th birthday, it was on the 14th and she's having a big birthday bash this Saturday.
We can't be there obviously but we wish everyone a great night.
Zoe with our gift of champers and balloons xxx

See ya, wine is poured


Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar