If you are a practicing Christian, then for you, the 40-day period of Lent has started. I usually don't give anything up for Lent... I've tried in the past to give up Diet Coke and in high school I always tried to give up sweets and chocolates, but let me tell you, it never works for me!
This year, I have decided to give up shopping. For me, this is HUGE. This will be the challenge of all challenges. But you know what, I figure 40 days is not that long. It's not even 2 months!! My terms are strict. No shopping means not even purchasing a new Essie color at Target. Of course, if I need to buy a gift of some sort, that won't count. But I am literally not going to buy a single thing. I am doing this because I want to test myself and because I don't need a single thing. I love shopping and I love finding great deals... I think this will be hardest when something fun comes up on RueLaLa or Gilt... I will have to restrain myself.
I wanted to post about this because now that Summer Wind readers know I am doing this, you can hold me accountable. No shopping until Easter (which is March 31st)!!!!
Do you think I can do it?! Are you giving something up for lent? I always think that instead of giving something up for lent, doing something nice for someone for the 40 days is a great idea. Whether it is just holding the door open or paying for someone's coffee at Starbucks, there is always something small you can do to brighten someone's day! Wish me luck, I'm going to need it!!! Have a fabulous day!
Yours,
sCe


0 Yorumlar