Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Recent NOTD: Misa Hot Couture Plus Nubar Opulent Pearl

Not too long ago, I did a(nother) swap with mrsrexy, and one of the surprises she included was Misa Hot Couture. I couldn't resist trying it first even though it arrived with a number of more conventionally beautiful nail polishes. Something about colors that are slightly odd like this just draws me in. Hot Couture is a mustard yellow creme, which doesn't seem like a good idea on someone with my complexion, but somehow this shade of mustard doesn't clash like Barielle Aura Angora did. In fact, in the light in the room where I did this mani, it blended into my skintone so well that I missed a horrifying number of areas when doing cleanup, so I apologize for the mess in some of today's photos. (Why I didn't notice it once I got my hands into better light, I cannot say. If this starts to be a trend, I'll worry about it then.)

Here's three coats of Hot Couture, unadorned:





I wanted to try another of the pretties in the package, so I added two coats of Nubar Opulent Pearl on top (plus top coat on top of that). Opulent Pearl is red, blue, and green flakies in a pearlescent base. Here how it looked in indirect indoor light:







And in indirect outdoor light the next day (by which time I'd done some more cleanup but still managed to miss some spots):



I liked looking at this when I wore it even though I never quite decided if it looked good on me. (In that, it's the yellowish version of Gray Suede, which I still go back and forth on.)

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar